Central Nova Scotia Civic Centre Society, operating as the Rath Eastlink Community Centre.
A joint owned venture of the Town of Truro and the Municipality of the County of Colchester, the Rath Eastlink Community Centre operates as an independent not for profit society.
The Society is seeking applications from individuals who wish to apply for a position on the Rath Eastlink Community Centre Board of Directors.
The Town of Truro will fill one vacancy for one, four-year term and the Municipality of the County of Colchester must also fill one vacancy for one, four-year term.
Both Municipalities believe in equal opportunity and are committed to reflecting the community’s diversity on our boards and committees.
• Set the direction for the organization: perform strategic thinking and planning, promote a positive public image, approve operational and annual plans
• Provide strategic oversight of the organization: review financial reports, provide legal and moraloversight, and evaluate the GM
• Strategic Thinking & Decision Making
• Organizational leadership & Collaborative teamwork
• At least one new appointed member must be a CPA
• Previous Board experience and a background in Financial Management, Human Resources, Healthcare and/or Legal would be considered strong assets.
It is expected that you will:
• have a strong interest in working on the advancement of the society and promote regional collaboration
• act morally and ethically in accordance with the society’s core values
• accept accountability for group decisions so that the board of directors speaks with “one voice”
• maintain confidentiality
Interested individuals should forward a letter of application and a detailed resume on or before Thursday, August 31st , 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applicants will be held in confidence and distributed to the Municipality of the County of Colchester and the Town of Truro for their nominating committee to select and appoint the successful incumbent at the Rath Eastlink Community Centre’s Annual General Meeting scheduled for September 19th 2023.
Current Board Members ( 2023 )
Chair - Raj Makkar, Citizen Rep
Past Chair - Dwayne Boudreau, Citizen Rep (Outgoing Member)
Vice Chair - Melani Lane
Christine Blair - Municipal Rep, Colchester County Mayor
Wade Parker - Municipal Rep, Colchester County Councillor
Rob Simonds - Municipal Rep, Colchester County CAO (non-voting)
Bill Mills - Municipal Rep, Town of Truro Mayor
Wayne Talbot - Municipal Rep, Town of Truro Councillor
Mike Dolter - Municipal Rep, Town of Truro CAO (non-voting)
Ellen Marshall - Citizen Rep
Pat Dunn - Citizen Rep
Duane Rath - Citizen Rep, Treasurer
Amy Atkinson - Citizen Rep
Stephen Johnston - Citizen Rep (Outgoing Member)
Matt Moore - General Manager (Non-voting)